Nothing spices up a boring day at the office like stumbling onto a great video. If you share it with your coworkers, you become a “water cooler hero,” as everyone heads to their desks to view your great find. This scenario demonstrates how a clever video can bring new traffic to your site.
There several ways videos can improve your current social media and online marketing plan with videos:
- Drive more traffic to your site and increase engagement on social media.
- Educate customers and encourage them to try new products.
- Debunk myths and answer complicated questions in effective ways.
- Take viewers behind-the-scenes and give them stories to share with friends and coworkers.
- Position you as an expert by displaying your knowledge and skills.
- Provide unique branding opportunities by giving visual cues to potential customers.
Videos will increase the number of hits you receive on search engines such as Google (which owns YouTube). Here are some additional benefits:
- Economical: Making videos and posting them is a good way to invest marketing dollars. Videos can give you more “bang for your buck” when compared to the cost of buying advertising space for TV, radio or print.
- Longevity: Post a video on the web and it can be accessed and watched indefinitely. Compare this to TV and radio ads which are over and gone in 30–60 seconds.
- Reach: Videos have unlimited sharing opportunities on the web with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and email to name a few.
Videos add a new dimension to your online marketing efforts and the statistics are convincing. According to a 2011 study by the E-Tailing Group and Invodo, U.S. consumers stop to watch the videos they find on websites 60% of the time. The 2012 digital trends report by eMarketer states that online video views will reach 169.3 million this year. Videos can give visitors to your site a reason to stay and a reason to send their friends.
Blog Post Written by Spencer Powell
Spencer is the Inbound Marketing Director at TMR Direct. Spencer specializes in helping clients create and execute effective inbound marketing campaigns.