If you’re considering direct mail and you’ve never tried it before, you might be wondering which option would work best for you. With so many types of direct mail out there, it’s not surprising that some people find choosing the right medium for their campaign rather tricky.
If this sounds like you, we’d recommend you start your journey in direct mail with postcards, and here’s why:
- How much does it cost to mail a postcard? A lot less than just about anything else you can think of! Whether you choose a company that offers mailing services or you go direct through the postal service, you won’t find many cheaper options.
- They’re great for targeting smaller lists. A good example would be if you visited a trade show and collected addresses and information from people interested in your products or services. Even with a few hundred names and addresses, you can get a great response if you follow up with a postcard.
- Postcard printing costs are comparatively low, and postcards are relatively easy to design, as they tend to be standard sizes. They also have just the right amount of space to allow enough information to be included, but not so much that readers “zone out” when they receive them.
- Oddly enough, research has shown that postcards have become more effective as marketing tools ever since the scares over anthrax sent through the mail. There’s no envelope or wrapper to open, so they’re seen as “safe” by even the most paranoid recipients!
- Postcards are great “occasion” mailers. Send out different messages for Easter, Valentine’s Day, Christmas and other holidays. Because they’re inexpensive to print and mail, most customers can afford to send out a small campaign around the holidays.
- A direct mail postcard is the perfect size for a coupon. Add one to the back of your mailer and get more foot traffic to your brick and mortar store.
- Because of low printing and mailing costs, postcards are a great choice to test out smaller campaigns, determine what works and what doesn’t and send out mailer series more frequently.
- The time frame for a postcard campaign tends to be shorter than for more complex campaigns like booklets, catalogs or coupon sheets, which require longer production times. This allows marketers to react quickly to changes in the market, and that can have a huge impact on sales.
We hope these reasons are enough to convince you that direct mail postcards are a great choice. Whether you’re just starting out in direct mail or you’ve tried your hand at it already, there are many great reasons to opt for this type of marketing. Our team has plenty of tips, advice, design ideas and more to help you find the right postcard solution for your business and your marketing needs. We’re always happy to help, so if you need more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!