In a previous blog, we discussed an article writing strategy to get you producing lead generating articles. Now that you have a finished article, what should you do with it? You may have heard the term “article marketing,” which was widely used in the recent past to republish articles across the Internet and create lots of links back to your website or blog. Updates to the search engine algorithms have greatly impacted this kind of article marketing, which is now seen as scam behavior.
There are some good, authentic, legitimate forms of article marketing today that can still be used to generate leads and links.
- Your own website is a great place to promote articles you have written. Start a news section and post your articles as a resource for readers.
- Blog about the availability of your new article with links from your blog and social media to the article on your website.
- Share your articles with other users of social bookmarking and sharing websites, like Delicious, StumbleUpon and Reddit.
- Use your article to approach other blogs as a guest writer or contributer.
- Brand and convert your article into a PDF file that can be attached to an email marketing campaign.
- Submit your article to known article directories, such as Ezine.
The communication process will never end for your business and it all starts with you.