With so many blog posts published each day, it can be a challenge to attract attention. A blog title is a headline, and in order to draw in visitors, it’s important to carefully think of the best possible title so that people will be motivated to click on your link in search engines or social networking sites to see what you have to say.
Not only should your headline be catchy, it should also be search engine friendly. An optimized title is a good way of making sure the right readers find your content through searches. Be sure to target one specific keyword or keyword phrase for each article you write.
To help you create some of the catchiest business blog titles around, here are five easy steps to ensure that you hit the mark – and bring in the traffic every time.
- Does the title relate to what is being said in the blog? It’s important to develop a title that is accurate and truthful. If you’re claiming to be revealing secrets in your writing, make sure that you do. There’s no point in deceiving your readers, since this will cut back on the chances of them returning to your site or investing in your services again.
- Throw in a number. It’s possible to attract attention by doing this. If you look at magazines, you’ll see that many of them have a few articles on the front cover such as ‘3 Simple Steps to a Thinner You’ or ‘Top 5 Cars of 2012.’ Numbers tend to stick out more. And, the reader knows that the piece will be broken into easy-to-read sections, ideal for a coffee break.
- Educate your readers. Many people like to read blog posts that are filled with advice, or tips, which help solve a common problem. Use your headline to appeal to the millions of people using search engines each day to find some sort of guidance.
- Be controversial. If you’re going against the grain in your post, make sure you grab attention with a controversial blog title. You’ll attract the attention of those who agree and those who don’t. If you go down this route, it’s a good idea to fully support your opinions and be prepared for comments that disagree with you. This is also a great way of getting people to talk.
- Stay Current. Gossip and current affairs are useful tools when blogging. By staying up-to-date with the latest online trends, it’s possible to draw in large amounts of traffic. These are ideal titles if you are able to keep up with the news and post regular content.