Is Your Marketing Out of Control?

is your marketing out of control

Do you ever feel like your marketing efforts are out of control? It’s not like you’re not trying, but the things you used to do don’t seem to be working. You’re still spending money on marketing, but you’re not getting a lot of “bang for your buck.” You try different approaches, different campaigns, and different slogans. You’ve changed marketing directions so many times that you’re not sure which way is up anymore.

Guess what? It’s not just you that’s changed.

The way people do business (whether it’s business-to-business or business-to-consumer) has changed drastically.

Guess what else? It doesn’t just feel like your marketing is out of control . . . it really is! At least it’s out of your control. Consumers today are much more in control of what information they want, what information they receive about products and services, and how they receive that information. They can get information about you and your products and without interacting with you personally. And they’re doing it all the time. As a matter of fact, 98 percent of B2B buyers start their search in Google. They are checking out you and your competition before they ever talk to you.

Who are they finding first?

You may not have control over how people search for you, but you do have some control over how they find you. One way businesses are trying to get control over getting found on the Internet is through paid results or Pay-per-Click (PPC) results. They buy certain key words that appear on their website and hope to raise their search results on Google or some other search engine. It may surprise you to know that PPC only generates 25 percent of all results. Organic search, on the other hand, is free, generates more traffic (75 percent of clicks), gives you better customers, and has a longer life.

How are you stacking up against your competitors? Do you even know? We can help you out with a free analysis that will show you how you’re doing in the battle to get found on the Web.


wes powell president of TMR direct

Blog Post Written by Wes Powell

Wes Powell is the President of TMR Direct. TMR Direct’s desire is to provide you with the practical advice you need to be successful using direct mail and inbound marketing to generate traffic, leads, and ultimately customers.